Sewing Fashion Trends: Joggers



Sport luxe is pretty popular right now with the cuffed jogger being top of the list. I think is a good basic to own for those day where your mostly at home but might need to pop out a few times to run errands. 

Comfy enough to relax in, stylish enough to pop out in. I even like the more high end look of pairing them with heels and a jacket, but for me I'd probably stick to a slip on trainer style shoe and slouchy off the shoulder T.

What I really like about this trend that when it comes to sewing it, the indie patterns are running the race. Burda of course are always there, but I'm struggling to find any looks from the other big pattern companies- Go Indie's:

A Closer Look At The Patterns....

  
 Papercut Pattern: Anima Pant


Described as a 'must have staple' I think these are pretty cool, I also love how they come with three variation, full length, 3/4 pants and shorts.
Papercut are also running a anima competition right now if your interested.  


 True Bias: The Hudson Pant


This is the very first pattern release from True Bias, and ultra brand new I might add only being released last month. The pattern comes with two versions, full length and 3/4. True Bias is also doing a sew-a-long-for these.


Burda: jersey track pants 06/2014 #119


Always at the fore front of trends, Burda have created there own version. These are more baggy than the previous two but gives you the chance to mix and match your fabrics for a bolder look. 


What I love about the first two patterns is that you can keep them super casual by making them in a plain colour or style them right up using a jersey print or even going uber stylish and trying them in a stretch satin. with the burda pattern I feel you have to think more carefully about your fabric choice otherwise the could run the risk of looking like gym joggers.

What your take on this trend Yay or Nay?


Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

  1. I was a NAY!, but I think I am being swayed to more of the YAY! side. The Burdastyle version reminds me of Happy pants from the 90's, but I suppose it depends on the fabric chose and amount of bagginess. Looking forward to seeing your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these trendy workout clothes. Last week, I ordered alo yoga wear for my workouts after recommendation from couple of my friends. I really liked quality of these workout wear and wearing them while jogging as well as during gym workouts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment